Thursday

Brutally honest

People lie.

Ever since I was a kid, I was told that sometimes you need to cover your ass, by doing a small harmless lie. So everytime I reached my classroom late, I kept telling my lecturer that there was an accident, someone died, etc.

Until I realize that it is becoming a habit, I told my mom that the food was great even though it was mediocre, I told my gf that her shoes matched her skirt, and one day I felt that I no longer do it for myself, I do it for leisure, I do it to create friends, and sometimes to protect people from harsh facts.

I did once think that it was unhealthy to do this, because you keep avoiding facts and try to please or impress everyone with it.

And I forget what it is like to have a pure opinion about something, to be with someone without hiding bad stuff and only show the good side of everything. I seem like to be afraid of what might happen if I stay truthful with my words.

So is there a person out there who is brutally honest?

No comments:

Post a Comment